Sun is looking for a Application Architect for one of our customers based in South Africa
Job type: Contract
Mission / Core Purpose of the Job
Provide leadership to projects and create technical solution architecture and align to IT and telecommunications best practises and frameworks. The technical solution architecture is multi-disciplinary, covering application, data, infrastructure, operating system, database, middleware integration, network, security and business architecture aspects. To ensure deployment of IT systems that are fit for purpose; support business needs; are future proof; are cost efficient; flexible and sustainable.
Tactical Strategic Input
- Provide feedback and input to Architecture teams on strategies, frameworks, principles, standards and policies across all Enterprise Architecture domains (business, application, data, integration, security, infrastructure, etc), in order to improve the quality and completeness of the Enterprise Architecture practice
- Understand how business and IT requirements can be met using the correct blend of existing and new IT technologies, as well as the correct blend of out-of-the-box commercially available software and bespoke systems development per project.
- Provide input to infrastructure and application development areas on application roadmaps to fit in with business and IS strategies, Enterprise Architecture and industry trends.
- Provide input to technological roadmaps from an architectural perspective
- Perform all the analysis, design, modelling and documentation tasks necessary to create solution architectures for complex (multi-application) business and technical projects. Lead projects (from a design perspective) through the systems development life cycle, including the successful adherence to all relevant IS governance.
- Ensure alignment of solution architectures to Enterprise Architecture strategies, frameworks, principles, standards and policies across all Enterprise Architecture domains (business, application, data, integration, security, infrastructure, etc).
- Focus solution designs on simplifying the IT architecture, reducing costs, improving effectiveness and efficiencies of the IT environment.
- Ensure that technical designs for systems & applications are integrated end-to-end; are consistently applying Enterprise Architecture standards; are technically sound and sustainable; are aligned to IT best practises; are suitable within the context.
- Design IT solutions that meet business and IT requirements, and includes functionality, processes, data, products to be used, application interfaces internal and external to client
Efficiency and Documentation
- Update the Enterprise Repository and other architecture artefacts.
- Assist with administrative requirements and compliance to policies, guidelines, processes and other governance.
- Liaise with other departments to ensure efficient processes, quality and integrity of information and the flow thereof.
- Ensure reasonable and practical adherence to all industry standards and best practices IS subscribes to (like TM Forum Frameworx, TOGAF, etc).
- Maintain appropriate end-to-end enterprise solution architecture models by appropriately aggregating project and initiative solution architectures into an enterprise architecture repository.
- Ensures the strategic alignment of IT architecture with agreed business outcomes within the portfolio, relevant IT Architecture Enterprise principles, key approved decisions and enterprise wide programmes"
BSc or BCom in IT (Preferable) or Diploma in IT
§ 3-5 years multi-disciplinary IT experience with a strong focus on system analysis, design and development, architecture disciplines (notably application architecture, service oriented architecture and middleware), application management, database management, and operations.
Skills / physical competencies:
§ Good interpersonal skills, including teamwork, facilitation, and negotiation
§ Strong application leadership with creative thinking and planning skills
§ Legal understanding
§ Ability to translate business needs into requirements for technical architecture
§ Ability to estimate financial impact of the solution architecture alternatives
§ Ability to apply multiple information technology solutions to business problems
§ Ability to quickly comprehend the functions and capabilities of new applications and technologies
§ Excellent communication skills
§ Ability to embrace new ideas of alternative initiatives
§ Strong problem solving skills
§ Highly self-motivated / managed individual
§ Applied lateral thinking ability
§ Focussed with a proactive stance to innovation
§ Ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with others at all levels
§ Open mindedness to criticism
§ Strong analytical ability with attention to detail
§ Diversity facilitation / sensitivity
§ Openness to change / flexibility
§ Ability to balance the long-term (“big picture”) and short term implications of individual decisions
Start date: 03 April 2023
End date: 31 March 2024
Please share your profile at firstname.lastname@example.org with below details
Current CTC or Rate per hour:
Expected CTC or Rate per hour: